The award winning ReFashion event will next be held on Saturday 11 March 2017 from 12-6pm at Oxford Town Hall!
Held for the first time in 2012, ReFashion brings together businesses, charities, students, volunteers and community groups to highlight the problem of disposable fashion and give unloved clothes a brighter future! The event will be compered by the fantastic Rich from Jack2.
People bringing clothes to the event have the option of 'swishing' - swapping them for free, passing them to a charity to sell, finding out how to repair or decorate them or even transforming a favourite garment into something totally different. There is the chance to buy upcycled textile crafts or take part in a free upcycling or mending demonstrations. All fabric at the end of the event is recycled.
Catwalk shows featuring students and charity shops take place throughout the event. Refreshments will be provided by Donnington Doorstep.
Stallholders at this years event (so far!):
- Sue Hazell Sewing School - mending and alterations
- Daydream Days - soft furnishings and handcrafted gifts
- Oxfam - secondhand and vintage clothes and items
- Orinoco - the Oxfordshire scrapstore demonstrating textile upcycling and reuse
- Naomi Driscoll - upcycled denim clothing and accessories made from recycled denim
- Miss Foxglove - handmade accessories
- Moo and Meow - handmade upcycled bags, aprons and gifts
- Streets Revolution - upcycling demonstrations and upcycled items on sale for charity donations
- Gardens in Time - handcrafted upcycled gifts for home and garden
- Cassiopeia Knits - hand knitted and crocheted accessories
- Westbrook Knits - recycling and reinventing woolly accessories
- Jessica Graham Millinery - upcycled accessories
- Dymphna Goes Upcycling - upcycled homeware
- Again - upcycled clothing and accessories
- Recycloanalyst - upcycled jewellery
- Groovy Su - free upcycling workshops
- Art Cart - clothing and accessory upcycling demonstrations
- Arty Lucy - bespoke handmade, upcycled lamp shades
- Handmade by Jane - upcycled quilts and wreaths
- Wendywoo - upcycled accessories
- Heather Zeale - upcycled textile art
- Jo Hayduk Designs featuring New Once Worn - upcycled clothing
- Emma Summerscales - free upcycling workshops
- Larkfield Vintage - vintage clothing and accessories. Plus a vintage photobooth!
For more information about ReFashion or to find out how to get involved email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out about some useful and fun ways to Love Your Clothes or watch the new Recycle Now video to help you decide what to do with textiles you no longer need.