The award winning ReFashion event will next be held on Saturday 11th March 2017 from 12pm-6pm at Oxford Town Hall!
Held for the first time in 2012, ReFashion brings together businesses, charities, students, volunteers and community groups to highlight the problem of disposable fashion and give unloved clothes a brighter future! The event will be compered by the fantastic Rich from Jack2.
People bringing clothes to the event have the option of 'swishing' - swapping them for free, passing them to a charity to sell, finding out how to repair or decorate them or even transforming a favourite garment into something totally different. There is the chance to buy upcycled textile crafts or take part in a free upcycling or mending demonstrations. All fabric at the end of the event is recycled.
Catwalk shows featuring students and charity shops take place throughout the event. Refreshments will be provided by Donnington Doorstep.
Stallholders at last years event:
- Sue Hazell Sewing School - mending and alterations
- Daydream Days - soft furnishings and handcrafted gifts
- Waterstones - craft and sewing books
- Oxfam - secondhand and vintage clothes and items
- Helen and Douglas House - second hand and vintage clothes and items
- Orinoco - the Oxfordshire scrapstore demonstrating textile upcycling and reuse
- Fusion Arts - community art projects and workshops
- City of Oxford College - fashion students
- Vintage Patch - unique iron on patches made from reclaimed materials
- Mme B Boutique - bespoke vintage wedding accessories
- The Nappy Shed - promoting the use of cotton nappies
- Naomi Driscoll
- Miss Foxglove - handmade accessories
- Sew and Sew
- Moo and Meow
- Streets Revolution
- Gardens in Time
- Lucy Loves
- Cassiopeia Knits - hand knitted and crocheted accessories
- Westbrook Knits - recycling and reinventing woolly accessories
- Trading for Development
- Jessica Graham Millinery
- May Tree Jewellery
ReFashion is part of Oxford Fashion Week.
For more information about ReFashion or to find out how to get involved email email@example.com.